Did you know, that we also have a Premium app available in the Google Play Store?
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for Android – with over 2,000,000 definitions and synonyms. The #1 free dictionary app is handy for education, learning new vocabulary every day, and the advanced word lover and the English language student alike.
Easily search definitions and synonyms offline by installing the offline dictionary. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere – you do not need an internet connection. Voice search and audio pronunciation requires connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes more features than you might expect:
• Word of the Day – expand your vocabulary and challenge yourself daily
• Audio pronunciation – increase confidence in English and never mispronounce another word
• Voice search – conveniently speak to search a word without having to spell it
• Articles – explore hundreds of fun topics on language, grammar, and words in the wild
• Slideshows – learn fascinating facts about language
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn and save words for future reference
• Word origin – discover interesting etymologies for even the strangest words
• Local lookups – see which words are being searched near you or by location
• Spelling suggestions – not sure how a word is spelled? Spell check in the app will help
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
• Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
Want even more? You can add to your app with our in-app purchases:
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
– New, streamlined design makes searching and exploring additional features easier.
– Get Dictionary.com definitions from any app or website: Simply press and hold the word you want to search and select “define” from the menu.
– Manage your favorite words effortlessly and access your most recently searched terms.