EDS (Encrypted Data Store) allows you to hide and protect your files inside an encrypted container. VeraCrypt(R), TrueCrypt(R), LUKS, EncFs, CyberSafe(R) container formats are supported.
The program can operate in two modes. You can open a container in EDS or you can attach the file system of a container to the file system of your device (i.e., “mount” the container, requires root access to your device).
Main program features :
* Supports VeraCrypt(R), TrueCrypt(R), LUKS, EncFs, CyberSafe(R) container formats.
* You can create an encrypted Dropbox folder using EncFs.
* Choose among five secure ciphers.
* Cipher combinations are supported. A contatainer can be encrypted using several ciphers at once.
* Encrypt/decrypt any kind of file.
* Hidden containers support.
* Keyfiles support.
* Container mounting is supported (requires root access to your device). You can use any file manager, gallery program or media player to access files inside the mounted container.
* A container can be opened directly from a network share.
* Network shares can be mounted to the file system of your device (requires root access to your device). A network share can be mounted and dismounted automatically depending on the available Wifi connection.
* All the standard file operations supported.
* You can play media files directly from the container.
* You can use a hand-drawn pattern along with a password to get easier access to your container on a device with a touch screen.
* You can setup a database inside the container to store various kinds of information including logins, passwords, credit card pin codes, etc.
* You can use indexed search to quickly find files or database entries inside the container.
* You can synchronize your containers among multiple devices using Dropbox(R).
* You can quickly open a folder (or file) inside a container from the Home screen using the shortcut widget.
Required permissions :
“Full network access”
This permission is used to play media files, to work with Dropbox, to work with network shares. Media files are played using http streaming with local socket connection.
“View Wi-Fi connections”, “View network connections”
These permissions are used to start Dropbox synchonization of a container and to automatically mount or dismount a network share.
“Modify or delete the contents of your SD card”
This permission is required to work with a file or a container that is located on internal SD card.
“Run as startup”
This permission is used to automatically mount containers on boot.
“Prevent phone from sleeping”
This permissions is used to prevent device from sleeping when a file operation is active.
“Google Play license check”
This permission is used to check the license.
“Last modified” timestamp of a file is restored after a copy/move operation.
Improved file manager: previously opened folder and scroll position are restored when switching between the containers and/or memory cards.
Fixed: cannot create a hidden container if the container has exFAT file system.
Fixed: password dialog freezes on some systems.
Fixed: cannot open a hidden VC container if it has a non-default PIM.
Fixed: in some cases the remembered password is not working
Other minor fixes.