MacroDroid is a powerful task automation and configuration app that focuses heavily on usability with a simple UI and logical step by step process.
A few examples of what MacroDroid can automate:
Turn on the Wifi connection when you launch a particular app (and off again when closed).
Auto respond to a specific incoming SMS by sending your current location.
Toggle the power button to tell you the time (without taking out of your pocket).
Use NFC tags to configure the device (turn on bluetooth, set volume etc).
Creating a custom macro is easy:
Click ‘Add Macro’
Select a trigger from the list – (e.g. Battery Level).
Configure trigger specific settings (e.g. Battery Level < 10%)
Select an action from the list (e.g Configure Wifi)
Configure action specific setting (e.g. Disable Wifi)
Add more actions as required
(Optionally) add constraints from the list (e.g. Day of the Week)
Configure constraints as required (e.g. Saturday and Sunday)
Add more constraints as required
Choose a name and category for the macro
MacroDroid includes many built in and user shared templates to demonstrate the power and flexibility of the application and help you get started. These templates can be used as is, or easily customised to meet your needs.
The free version of MacroDroid is limited to five macros and displays adverts. You can upgrade in the application to allow unlimited macros and remove all adverts.
Please use the in-app forum for all usage questions and feature requests, or access the forums via www.macrodroid.com.
To report bugs or other issues please contact me at [email protected] with as much information as possible (including device and OS version).
- Created separate fingerprint accessibility service (Android 8.0+) to prevent standard accessibility service
- interfering with system fingerprint gestures.
- Added new mechanism to hotspot action to try and make it work on (some) Android 7.1+ devices.
- Dim screen action now effects MacroDroid drawer (and drawer handle).
- Floating Button can now initialise at specific X,Y location.
- Various UI updates to show more detailed information about a macro’s configuration in the list and edit modes
- PRO features fully Unlocked;
- Maps Location work;
- Analytics Disabled;
- All ads calls from Activity removed;
- AOSP compatible.